LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 7, 2020 AT 3:15 PM
What You Need to Know
- Governor Cuomo has partnered with New Jersey Governor Murphy and Connecticut Governor Lamont to create a joint travel advisory for individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID-19, requiring a quarantine for 14 days when visiting their states.
- Based on each region's infection rate, schools across New York State are permitted to open this fall but each school district must have a testing and tracing plan and will decide if an in-person v. hybrid model works best for them while following strict Department of Health Guidance.
- The State Police and State Liquor Authority are leading a task force to investigate and shut down establishments not complying with the safety standards of the state.
- To report violations of health and safety restrictions and requirements for businesses, gatherings and individuals, please choose the appropriate link below:
- Go to forward.ny.gov to find out: Which phase of reopening your region is in; the industry guidance for each phase; regional dashboards for monitoring how the virus is being contained; and information on loans for small businesses.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through August 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services. Any New Yorker can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- March 6, 2020 Letter to Families
- March 6, 2020 Letter to Families - Spanish
- March 6, 2020 Athletics - Handshake Procedure
- March 9, 2020 Letter to Mattituck-Cutchogue Families
- March 9, 2020 Letter to Mattituck-Cutchogue Families - Spanish
- March 9, 2020 School (PreK-12) Guidance-COVID-19
- March 9, 2020 Cancellation Notice Regarding First Robotics Competition
- March 10, 2020 Letter Regarding the Cancellation of Events
- March 10, 2020 Letter Regarding Cancelled Events - Spanish
- March 11, 2020 Closing Letter regarding Coronavirus
- March 11, 2020 Closing Letter regarding Coronavirus - Spanish
- March 13, 2030 Message to Sag Harbor Students and Families - Remote Instruction - English
- March 13, 2030 Message to Sag Harbor Students and Families - Remote Instruction - Spanish
- March 13, 2020 NYSED Covid-19 Second Guidance
- March 15, 2020 International Baccalaureate Update for Parents
- March 15, 2020 Remote Learning Sag Harbor Elementary School
- March 15, 2020 Remote Learning Sag Harbor Elementary School - Spanish
- March 22, 2020 Remote Learning Update - English & Spanish
- March 25, 2020 Covid-19 Notice in English and Spanish
- March 27, 2020 School Closure Update- In English and Spanish
- March, 30, 2020 Nonpublic Transportation Deadline Extended to April 15, 2020
- March 30, 2020 Childcare for the Children of First-Responders and Medical Professionals
- April 3, 2020 Update from Sag Harbor Schools - English
- April 3, 2020 Update from Sag Harbor Schools - Spanish
- APRIL 5, 2020 ENGLISH ROBOCALL COMMUNITY NOTICE
- APRIL 5, 2020 SPANISH ROBOCALL COMMUNITY NOTICE
- April 7, 2020 COVID19 Eviction Information English
- April 7, 2020 COVID19 Eviction Information Spanish
- April 8, 2020 NY State of Health Letter to Families
- July 13, 2020 INTERIM GUIDANCE FOR IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION AT PRE-K TO GRADE 12 SCHOOLS DURING THE COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
- July 16, 2020 RECOVERING, REBUILDING, AND RENEWING: THE SPIRIT OF NEW YORK’S SCHOOLS REOPENING GUIDANCE
- July 31, 2020 DISTRICT REOPENING PLAN
- 31 de Julio de 2020 PlAN de REAPERTURA del DISTRITO
March 10, 2020
Links to the COVID-19 webpages of state and federal agencies:
- New York State Education Department
- New York State Department of Health
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
-- CDC Resources for Schools
COVER COUGHS AND SNEEZES (FOR YOUNG CHILDREN)
WASH YOUR HANDS! (FOR KIDS)
WASH YOUR HANDS (FOR OLDER KIDS AND ADULTS)
NYSED has added a webpage dedicated to COVID-19 updates and information (Please see link below). This is a one stop shop for all guidance that the Department of Ed. has issued.
What is the Stigma and What Causes it?
CDC's dedicated 2019-nCoV website
Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Prevention: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Prevention, Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
New York State Department of Health
NYSDOH's dedicated 2019-nCoV website
NYSDOH directory of local health departments
New York State Center for School Health website
How to Talk to Your Children about Coronavirus