Pierson Middle High School Athletics Upcoming Dates
Save the Dates:
- 2018-2019 Sports Physicals:June 4 and June 11 (2:15 – 4:15 pm in the Nurse’s Office)
- Sign up for Fall Sports on FamilyID beginning July 15
Come be loud, be proud, be positive! Let’s Go Whalers!!!
Athletic Contest Travel
- Student athletes are required to travel to and from contests on the team bus under the supervision of a coaching staff member.
- Proper conduct is expected at all times while riding on school transportation.
- If a parent wishes to take a student home from an athletic contest, permission must be granted in advance and a written form signed by the parent must be given to the coach. These situations should be rare and for emergencies only.
The Athletic Travel Release form should be signed by all parties and given to the coach before leaving the school on the day of the game.
In order for your child to be allowed to participate in the Pierson Middle/High School interscholastic athletic program they must first have a valid sport physical on file in the Pierson School Nurses’ Office. Please know that Interscholastic Athletic Participation is for students in Grades 7-12 as per New York State Commissioner's Regulations.
Parents may choose to have a sport physical done by their private physician, BUT it MUST be submitted on the Pierson Sport Physical form (available in the School Nurses’ Office or on the Athletics web page and attached below) and then handed to the Pierson School Nurse, Ms. Margaret Comber, PRIOR to one of the listed sport physical dates. State Law requires the school physician to review and then approve all sport physical exams prior to a child’s participation. Please remember that sport physicals performed by private physicians MUST be completed on the school form. Other forms will not be accepted. The Health Appraisal form can be found below.
Please ONLY turn in sport physicals to the School Nurse, and not to the Athletic Office or coach, who cannot accept them. Children who wish to participate on a school team MUST have a valid, approved sport physical on file by the first day of practice or they will not be allowed to participate.
The FamilyID registration and Health Appraisal Form are needed to participate. In additional to a valid sport physical, we are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online athletic registration through FamilyID(www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. Although you will register separately for each season that your child will participate in, you enter the information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs. FamilyID registration is replacing the Student Athlete Contract used in the past. The registration portal for the fall season will open on Monday, July 25, 2016. Please click on FamilyID registration.
In order to participate in a sport, these forms must be completed and delivered to the proper location. It requires a three-step process:
- Student and Parent complete the online FamilyID registration, upload their sports physical and concussion impact testing.
- The Nurse will review the online registrations and verify current physical and concussion testing has been uploaded.
- Nurse’s office notifies the Athletic office of the completed registrations.